Voile TTS Feedback

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
voilenerd

Voile TTS Feedback

Post by voilenerd » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20 pm

Been awhile since I posted. Well anyways just picked up a set of Voile TTS long travel bindings for my V6 BCs. I plan on pairing them with my Scarpa 3 buckle TX boots. Very surprised on the quality of the binding and how light weight it is over the switch back and Axls I own.

My biggest concern was the odd toe design. But after carpet testing the binding and clipping in I did not really have much of a problem getting into and out of the binding. Yeah my Lynx is easier to get into but the problems with ice buildup, claw releasing with snow buildup, and claw grabs, I am about to give up on the Lynx after trying several versions of their binding and working with their support. I also found the Lynx way too stiff, even with the beta plates.

So with all that said has anyone tried the Voile TTS? So far I’m surprised how smooth the flex is over a duck butt binding like the Lynx. Feels about as soft as my Switchback X2s. Once the next season rolls around I plan on updating this post with more feedback!

If only Scarpa had a lighter NTN boot!

Ziggy
Ski style: Touring, telemarking

Re: Voile TTS Feedback

Post by Ziggy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:05 am

Haven't tried them but I have confidence in Voile. Interested to hear how you go with them.

Like you the gloss has gone off Lynx for me. Almost lost a ski to a poor pin clip-in.
Needed to add a second spacer on one side after only 2 days.
Cheers from Down Under

WBallz

Post by WBallz » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:42 pm

I had a pair last season... The idea is cool but they need some more design IMO. The splitboard toe is super secure but it is just needlessly massive. That's my biggest complaint, the binding is over 100mm wide at the toe so it isn't a very good choice for any ski under 100mm. As a result, the binding could be a lot lighter as there's a lot of extra material holding up the splitboard toe.

Performance wise it skies very well, but the design feels like it was rushed and made out of spare parts to fill a market niche. Allegedly there is a redesign in the works so I would wait for that to come out, personally.

bobbytooslow

Post by bobbytooslow » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:22 pm

WBallz wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:42 pm
Performance wise it skies very well, but the design feels like it was rushed and made out of spare parts to fill a market niche. Allegedly there is a redesign in the works so I would wait for that to come out, personally.
This is all 100% truth, and Voile would agree with you. The new version should be out for fall '23.