Good width for one-ski quiver?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
JJMc

Good width for one-ski quiver?

Post by JJMc » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:09 pm

Looking for a recommendation on width for new, mostly off-piste, tele skis. I have been telemarking for over 40 years, starting with my faithful Epoke 900's on through a variety of metal edge nordic skis (Fisher, Tua, etc.). Most recently (six years ago?) I moved to a shaped pair of Dynastar 4X4 skis, 178cm, that are 105-68-90. I have a pair of Rottefella Cobra bindings with cables on them, which work well but no hinge at the toe so I plan to put Voile Switchback X2s on my new skis.
I'm ready to go fatter, but how fat? I am looking at the Ahmeek skis from Shaggy's https://www.skishaggys.com/collections/ ... 8453126218 because I've heard good things and I'm from Michigan, that means I can buy local. I'm going to stay with 180cm. They come in four widths: 85, 95, 105, 115. The 115s are for powder only so I am focused on the 95 or 105. I don't like skiing lifts, just do it occasionally with family and friends. I do like deep snow (who doesn't?). I have never skied anything fatter than the Dynastars at 68. Opinions?
Thanks, Jerry