Ultra 'Cursions

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Ultra 'Cursions

Post by phoenix » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:19 pm

I've been tempted to try upgrade the stock liners on my (Scott) Excursions with a moldable, A la Intuitions, for some time. The thought finlly occurred to me to pop the liners from my T1's into the 'Cursions, just to get an idea of how it might work out.
They felt good enough at home for me to trust them yesterday, a fine powder day (along with my first try with some V6's and Axl's). And again today. For touring, and turning.
Turns out that even the mid-volume Power Wraps definitely improved the fit, feel and performance. The liners are rather comically tall for the shells, looking like a length of stovepipe coming out of the boot but I don't need to look at 'em, and they're under my pant cuffs anyway. I don't need that much height either, but they didn't feel awkward at all. Add to the mix I was able to add on the Booster straps from the T1's, and Voila...we have a winner. I had already added a pull loop to the back of the 'Cursions, which made a nice place to hold the Boosters.
Given the positive outcome, I'll start looking for a T2-ish height liner, which should be just right. Will probably go for a high volume version while I'm at it; I 've been wearing heavyweight Smartwool's so far. (Note: Tried to add a pic, but no luck with that so far)