Questions, questions, questions

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
AlaskaNordic
Ski style: Style what style?
Favorite Skis: Madshus Annums
Favorite boots: Alico Double

Questions, questions, questions

Post by AlaskaNordic » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:46 pm

It's been a minute, so at long last I have to ask what exactly is XCD ( cross country downhill) and am I doing it? Also I went to my local ski hill took lessons and it improved my skiing so much, am I a bad person? I bought a used pair of skis and even a used pair of plastic boots to help me resort ski. My heart has always been in the mountains of Alaska but here once you start touring in the mountains you encounter steeper terrain pretty quick, I wanted to be able to ski that terrain better and more confidently. My go to skis are the beloved Annums, and Alico doubles but now am asking myself am I trying to push the limits of those skis matched to my ability? I look at Youtube and Tom M and some of the other terrain and i'm like I ski that stuff no problem but we don't have thee long gentle slopes like that at least not where I live; our resorts are even steeper. What are you all doing on your Annums, Epocs, S Bounds, Rossis etc?

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Questions, questions, questions

Post by lowangle al » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Hey AlaskaNordic, I see you're a firefighter. My first ski partners in Ak. over 30 years ago were firefighters. They showed me the ropes in the back country, and if you're in the Anchorage area I'd be happy to meet up and explain what I've been doing all these years. I'm free on weekdays.