Has anyone tried the Altai Skis Alico Boot

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
JB TELE

Has anyone tried the Altai Skis Alico Boot

Post by JB TELE » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:14 pm

https://us-store.altaiskis.com/product/ ... ring-boot/
What's the verdict? How to they compare to the Alaska for example? The Alaskas are too narrow in the forefoot for me.
What is their touring/downhill support ratio like?
I've tried the Alico Double leather and the heel counter was like a block of unpadded wood. Really rough. Are these ones the same?

voilenerd

Re: Has anyone tried the Altai Skis Alico Boot

Post by voilenerd » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:02 am

I have a pair of those. Unfortunately they are 1 size too big and didn’t use them or could return cus I skied them. Felt great around house however. I did get heel blister after I skied them probably because too big.

Make sure to double check size before sking them!

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:00 am

JB, send an email to Altai. I did, and Nils answered my questions regarding theses boots. He offered me comparisons to the Alaska, which he also has skied and sells.
Based on his email to me, I wouldn’t be surprised if this year’s model is tweaked a bit. Although he did not imply that to me. That is just a supposition on my part.
Bottom line is the man is a skier, and a ski designer, and he personally answered my email question.

JB TELE

Post by JB TELE » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:54 pm

fisheater wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:00 am
JB, send an email to Altai. I did, and Nils answered my questions regarding theses boots. He offered me comparisons to the Alaska, which he also has skied and sells.
Based on his email to me, I wouldn’t be surprised if this year’s model is tweaked a bit. Although he did not imply that to me. That is just a supposition on my part.
Bottom line is the man is a skier, and a ski designer, and he personally answered my email question.
I actually saw your post immediately after posting this but it wouldn't let me delete this thread. That answered all of my questions, thanks. On their site it says they have 3 new models coming in. I wonder if I should wait and see. $149 is a steal if its a good quality boot.