Adjusting Voile Switchback

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
jnclem

Adjusting Voile Switchback

Post by jnclem » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:41 pm

Hi all. This is my first post here, Great site! I searched but didn’t find an answer to my question. I’m readjusting a set of Voile Switchbacks for a new set of boots. I can’t seem to get both, the recommended 4mm per side of tension, and the rear latch centered at the same time. Which is more important, centering, or even tension on the springs? I get them close, but the latch is always off center when the tension is even. Thanks.

voilenerd

Re: Adjusting Voile Switchback

Post by voilenerd » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:43 am

Howdy,

It’s quite difficult to get the heel centered and carts at a perfect 4mm. As long as the heel is centered and each cart has a gap within 4-6mm you’re good.

That’s how I do it. I could be wrong though so anyone want to offer a second opinion the deck is yours. 😊 Happy New Year!

jnclem

Re: Adjusting Voile Switchback

Post by jnclem » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:46 pm

voilenerd wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:43 am
Howdy,

It’s quite difficult to get the heel centered and carts at a perfect 4mm. As long as the heel is centered and each cart has a gap within 4-6mm you’re good.

That’s how I do it. I could be wrong though so anyone want to offer a second opinion the deck is yours. 😊 Happy New Year!
That sounds reasonable since they give you a range of tensions. It seemed to me that having it centered made the most sense. The bindings were given to me by a friend last year, and I had a shop mount them and adjust them to my old boots. I didn’t notice if the springs were exactly the same side to side, but I know the heel throws were centered.