Fake Fjalraven cotton anorak

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Lhartley

Re: Fake Fjalraven cotton anorak

Post by Lhartley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:00 pm

CwmRaider wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:46 pm
@Lhartley if you're looking for cheap the varusteleka Särmä windproof anorak checks a lot of boxes
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/ ... orak/60199
It is almost certainly with the price it is sold for.
That's pretty interesting. And that brand has somewhat of a cult following on another forum is lurk. Gonna have a good look at that one

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:21 pm

mca80 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:45 pm
I just ordered that a couple days ago since I saw some good reviews here and the description said how breathable it was plus 75% cotton vs others which are mostly synthetic. May not do the best job blocking wind compared to synth, but short of wearing a 100% cotton blanket type shirt or felting/shrinking an oversized wool sweater it's probably the best one can do for windblock while keeping synthetic materials to a minimum.
Sorry, which did you order?

Nvm, I see the norrona is 75 percent cotton. The woodsman is less than 25 apparently. Although i like the idea of a predominantly cotton product, I've seen the G1000 stuff used in very heavy duty environments (BC coal mines) so I'm confident in the durability of something like that. Idk, holding off on Amazon impulse purchases for now

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:55 pm

Lhartley wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:21 pm
mca80 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:45 pm
I just ordered that a couple days ago since I saw some good reviews here and the description said how breathable it was plus 75% cotton vs others which are mostly synthetic. May not do the best job blocking wind compared to synth, but short of wearing a 100% cotton blanket type shirt or felting/shrinking an oversized wool sweater it's probably the best one can do for windblock while keeping synthetic materials to a minimum.
Sorry, which did you order?

Nvm, I see the norrona is 75 percent cotton. The woodsman is less than 25 apparently. Although i like the idea of a predominantly cotton product, I've seen the G1000 stuff used in very heavy duty environments (BC coal mines) so I'm confident in the durability of something like that. Idk, holding off on Amazon impulse purchases for now
There's also this one, a classic light anorak in g1000
https://www.fjallraven.com/ca/en-ca/men ... g-anorak-m

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm

Wtf, is this legit?

https://www.norronacanada.com/jacket-c- ... p-169.html

Gonna give this a go. If it's legit I'll post in gear basket
Screenshot_20240114_133253_DuckDuckGo.jpg

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:45 pm

Lhartley wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 pm
Wtf, is this legit?

https://www.norronacanada.com/jacket-c- ... p-169.html

Gonna give this a go. If it's legit I'll post in gear basketScreenshot_20240114_133253_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Probably not. The reason I think it isn't is because I almost got duped by a site called "Salomon-norge" which had unrealistically low prices for trail runners. It looked like my credit card was bounced but my bank called me spontaneously about suspicious activity and recommend I block my card.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:48 pm

Ya I bailed when it redirect me to a different site to complete the transaction. Contacting Visa rfn lol

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:43 pm

@Lhartley
That is a pretty sweet ("seamingly") looking anorak.

Did a little dive on it and it would appear to be well-made.

I too have the Fjallraven Anorak No. 8.

At a glance the "Woodsman" anorak looks to be lighter and more stretchy-
which could make it more confortable for high-output touring.

The FJ Anorak No.8 is seriously heavy-duty. It is perhaps the ultimate heavy-duty field shell.
I use the No.8 as a field shell- pulling it on when stopped; at camp; collecting/recording data.
The No.8 could certainly be used as a touring shell- but it is relatively heavy, and it is not stretchy.
The No. 8 also has a large-volume almost poncho fit.

That Woodsman anorak looks more trim and tuned for active touring.
If I didnt already have the FJ Keb jacket- I would seriously consider trying it. The price is very attractive.

I love me an anorak.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 am

Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Sidney Dunkin

Post by Sidney Dunkin » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:17 am

I thought this was going to be one of those “ too good to be true” adds that are surely a rip off. But it looks like a good product at a good price to me.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 pm

I've been flaking on this purchase. I wonder if anyone has tried one? I purchased a Fjallraven Vardag for my gf off FB marketplace and it's a very nice jacket with great fit and nice materials, and seems very functional. Was only worn a couple times with no signs of wear or damage. Looking on ebay it seems these hold their value quite well. I'm guessing this is because of the durability of the fabric and ability to reapply the Greenland wax many times over a long period of time. I like durable timeless products. Can anybody comment on the difference between the Noronna Svalbard and the Fjallraven Vardag? The Svalbard seems quite scarce