Joining NATO

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Lhartley

Re: Joining NATO

Post by Lhartley » Sun May 26, 2024 9:48 pm

I 100 percent meant in no way to trivialize the efforts of the American military. Same as I'd never trivialize the efforts of my friends in the Canadian military. I'm a libertarian, I'm always going to see the state as not justified. I went into tax debt at a young age and formed opinions accordingly. Of course I'm wrong about things. Im probably wrong about Russia too. Opinions are like asshole right? Thanks for your service Montana. We can all dissect the narratives,I'm never going to claim to be right any further than I'm going to claim to be a great telemark skier. That's for the community to judge, as history will judge the actions of nations

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun May 26, 2024 10:01 pm

"The U.S. and associated companies didn't "get " resources from fighting in Iraq and in fact no U.S. company is involved in Iraqi oil production, to my knowledge.
https://www.voanews.com/a/chinese-compa ... 08186.html
We also "got" nothing from Afghanistan.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... -NAF_2&f="

This part I will add to. There's something between OPEC and the United States(deeply tangled with every opec state via sanctions, conflict etc). I don't know what it is. There's no reason to be "exhausting" opec resources while America petrol goes relatively untapped. Either they're somehow invested in OPEC or playing the long game on north American oil and gas. ImHO of course

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Mon May 27, 2024 9:58 am

Lhartley wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:01 pm
There's no reason to be "exhausting" opec resources while America petrol goes relatively untapped.
I can't disagree with this. We (pretty much the entire western world) have a decidedly NIMBY mentality.
We could drill on land, and we'd at least have a chance to contain "spills" but we'd rather have Brazil put in a platform in 10,000 feet of water. That just about ensures that any spill will be almost uncontrollable with the added benefit of making the final product twice as expensive.

But, I suppose I've drifted from the subject at hand.

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Mon May 27, 2024 9:53 pm

the problem with this country is both the Left and Right wing parties... the Eagle of freedom is fat and stupid, trying to appease everyone it has plucked all it feathers due to mental illness, One major issue i see with the USA is this BS dual citizenship = no loyalty or honor from the people in charge or those elites here in America that hold tremendous wealth .. the country is finished!

Everyone for themselves at this point in the age of America, we are all corrupted. and soon to be taken down by technological elites and evil bankers.. it was a fun ride

mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Post by mca80 » Tue May 28, 2024 9:39 am

wooley12 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:21 pm
To compare apples to apples, after 1900, how many invasions by the US were undertaken so the US could make the invaded a part of the US? How many times did we kidnap 1000's of children to reeducate? None I think.
Lmao this is exactly what we do. Not technically. But all these bombed out places are basically under US influence and control. As for reeducation, just look here at home. Again, lmao.

Capercaillie
Ski style: trying not to fall too much
Favorite Skis: Alpina 1500T, Kazama Telemark Comp
Favorite boots: Alfa Horizon, Crispi Nordland, Scarpa T4

Post by Capercaillie » Wed May 29, 2024 12:35 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:55 pm
Every time we get involved in wars, we, as a nation, "get" just about nothing.
So why do the wars keep happening? The US public is not making these decisions, and as you know from personal experience, US servicemen get the least say. So you have to ask, who got the $2.3 trillion dollars that was spent on Afghanistan?

The actions and the rationalizations never have to make sense. The point, as explained by Julian Assange: "The goal is not to completely subjugate Afghanistan. The goal is to use Afghanistan to wash money out of the tax bases of the United States, out of the tax bases of European countries, through Afghanistan, and back into the hands of the transnational security elite. That is the goal. I.e. the goal is to have an endless war, not a successful war."

A particularly striking recent example is the decision made to use Israel's genocide of Palestinians in Gaza as an excuse to embezzle $320 million dollars: https://covertactionmagazine.com/2024/0 ... -for-gaza/
Montana St Alum wrote:
At the end of WWII after the creation of NATO, the U.S. essentially used its own homeland as a human shield to prevent the USSR from attacking Western Europe. We took the position that the U.S. would defend Europe by threatening the USSR with nuclear antihalation while having our troops at the front to protect Europeans. This opened us up to nuclear retaliation by Moscow.
If you look at the actual timeline of events, you get the opposite conclusion:

- November 1943. Negotiations between the US, UK, and USSR to determine European borders and spheres of influence begin at the Tehran Conference.

- February 1945. European borders and spheres of influence are agreed on at the Yalta Conference, largely following earlier agreements such as the Curzon Line. This takes places 4 years before NATO's founding.

- May 1945. Winston Churchill orders plans for an attack on the Soviet Union, to take place in July 1945. https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboo ... sia-180530

- August 1945. President Harry Truman knowingly and deliberately commits the single largest act of war crime in WWII by ordering the nuclear bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The propaganda taught in US schools that the bombing was made to "prevent 1 million American deaths" is a lie that was invented retroactively in 1947. https://mises.org/mises-daily/hiroshima-myth

- September 1945. The US War Department comes up with a plan to drop 204 atomic bombs on 66 Soviet cities "to insure our national security." https://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/wp-cont ... uction.pdf

- March 1947. Treaty of Dunkirk between France and Britain.

- August 1947. US war plan Broiler to drop 34 atomic bombs on 24 Soviet cities.

- March 1948. Treaty of Brussels expands the Treaty of Dunkirk into what eventually becomes the EU.

- April 1948. US, Britain, and Canada plan Halfmoon: 133 atomic bombs on 70 Soviet cities.

- April 1949. The US third-wheels itself into the Treaty of Brussels, establishing the North Atlantic Treaty.

- August 1949. The USSR tests their first atomic bomb.

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Wed May 29, 2024 5:32 pm

well said... an endless money making machine = military industrial complex.. technologically about a 1000 years ahead of the modern human's tech. where is it all coming from I have to ask?
i think the alien bankers in Switzerland have landed hundreds of years ago, and thier plans to take over the earth thru NATO are coming to fruition.

on a side note I have been questioning nuclear weapons technology from the millitary,
Aside from a source to produce heat for steam production. no one has ever seen a nuke explode like the media depicts. so i am questioning this whole nuclear threat the media pushes on us civilians. the only real nuke I'e seen was Fukushima, and that emitted nothing but light in all directions. Hiroshima makes no sense to me when one looks at the evidence.. maybe I should just shut my mouth now..lol

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Wed May 29, 2024 8:01 pm

Capercaillie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 12:35 pm
Montana St Alum wrote:
Every time we get involved in wars, we, as a nation, "get" just about nothing.
So why do the wars keep happening? The US public is not making these decisions, and as you know from personal experience, US servicemen get the least say. So you have to ask, who got the $2.3 trillion dollars that was spent on Afghanistan?

The actions and the rationalizations never have to make sense. The point, as explained by Julian Assange: "The goal is not to completely subjugate Afghanistan. The goal is to use Afghanistan to wash money out of the tax bases of the United States, out of the tax bases of European countries, through Afghanistan, and back into the hands of the transnational security elite. That is the goal. I.e. the goal is to have an endless war, not a successful war."

A particularly striking recent example is the decision made to use Israel's genocide of Palestinians in Gaza as an excuse to embezzle $320 million dollars: https://covertactionmagazine.com/2024/0 ... -for-gaza/
Montana St Alum wrote:
At the end of WWII after the creation of NATO, the U.S. essentially used its own homeland as a human shield to prevent the USSR from attacking Western Europe. We took the position that the U.S. would defend Europe by threatening the USSR with nuclear antihalation while having our troops at the front to protect Europeans. This opened us up to nuclear retaliation by Moscow.
If you look at the actual timeline of events, you get the opposite conclusion:

- November 1943. Negotiations between the US, UK, and USSR to determine European borders and spheres of influence begin at the Tehran Conference.

- February 1945. European borders and spheres of influence are agreed on at the Yalta Conference, largely following earlier agreements such as the Curzon Line. This takes places 4 years before NATO's founding.

- May 1945. Winston Churchill orders plans for an attack on the Soviet Union, to take place in July 1945. https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboo ... sia-180530

- August 1945. President Harry Truman knowingly and deliberately commits the single largest act of war crime in WWII by ordering the nuclear bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The propaganda taught in US schools that the bombing was made to "prevent 1 million American deaths" is a lie that was invented retroactively in 1947. https://mises.org/mises-daily/hiroshima-myth

- September 1945. The US War Department comes up with a plan to drop 204 atomic bombs on 66 Soviet cities "to insure our national security." https://blog.nuclearsecrecy.com/wp-cont ... uction.pdf

- March 1947. Treaty of Dunkirk between France and Britain.

- August 1947. US war plan Broiler to drop 34 atomic bombs on 24 Soviet cities.

- March 1948. Treaty of Brussels expands the Treaty of Dunkirk into what eventually becomes the EU.

- April 1948. US, Britain, and Canada plan Halfmoon: 133 atomic bombs on 70 Soviet cities.

- April 1949. The US third-wheels itself into the Treaty of Brussels, establishing the North Atlantic Treaty.

- August 1949. The USSR tests their first atomic bomb.
All of that is fine, it just doesn't have anything to do with my point.

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:40 pm

this weeks NATO meeting