Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Biological Annihilation

Post by twopass » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:06 pm

In the Atlantic Ocean, Subtle Shifts Hint at Dramatic Dangers
The warming atmosphere is causing an arm of the powerful Gulf Stream to weaken, some scientists fear.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... hange.html
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:48 pm

The amount of insecticides used in US agriculture has decreased substantially by more than 40% between 1992 and 2016. Fish, mammals, and birds face lower applied toxicities than in the 1990s, because insecticide classes such as organophosphates, which show high vertebrate toxicity, are used less today. Aquatic invertebrates and pollinators, such as honeybees, yet experience the opposite: despite reduced applied amounts, applied toxicity for these species groups has more than doubled between 2005 and 2015. A shift in the insecticides used towards usage of pyrethroid and neonicotinoid insecticides is responsible for this trend.
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 032521.php
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:20 am

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue May 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Tue May 04, 2021 8:40 pm

You probably know the erathworm shown in the photo is an invasive from europe….

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri May 21, 2021 12:44 am

twopass

Post by twopass » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:58 pm

This Is How Amazon Is Fueling the Climate Crisis
It's easy to see how Amazon is able to provide its products so cheaply and undercut its brick-and-mortar competitors when it doesn't need to play by the same rules.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021 ... ate-crisis

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:48 pm

Huh; so maybe the future climate models aren’t so accurate? They don't include clouds?
102C2224-ACBA-4349-B11D-710BD82FB4D3.jpeg

emilyresmi

Post by emilyresmi » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:13 am

Very good ideas; I hope that someday all this will come to life. There are so many problems in the world right now that probably most people have stopped understanding the danger of what is happening to our planet in ecology. I advise everyone to read the article about climate positivity, as it personally helped me to remember that every day we have to take at least small steps to live more healthily and stop wasting the earth's resources so thoughtlessly as we have done all our lives before