Biological Annihilation

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Re: Biological Annihilation

Post by twopass » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:55 am

Vandana Shiva says:

“The notion that high-tech ‘farm free’ lab food will save the planet is simply a continuation of the same mechanistic mindset which has brought us to where we are today – the idea that we are separate from and outside of nature… it is the basis of industrial agriculture which has destroyed the planet, farmers livelihoods and our health.”

“Turning ‘water into food’ is an echo from the times of the second world war, when it was claimed that fossil-fuel-based chemical fertilisers would produce ‘Bread from Air’. Instead we have dead zones in the ocean, greenhouse gases – including nitrous oxide which is 300 times more damaging to the environment than CO2 – and desertified soils and land. We are part of nature, not separate from and outside of nature. Food is what connects us to the earth, its diverse beings, including the forests around us — through the trillions of microorganisms that are in our gut microbiome and which keep our bodies healthy, both inside and out.”
https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/01/25 ... d-plunder/
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

trinacu

Post by trinacu » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:42 am

Great read! I've been thinking and saying this for years - the audacity of people that think they understand and can fiddle with these systems as they see fit and believe they are above the world (Earth) that brought us up will be our demise.

twopass

Post by twopass » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:40 am

"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Putin vaccine 91.6% effective! WELL DONE COMRADES!

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l... ... 8/fulltext

Pfffffffffft...I spit in the direction of Russiaphobes.

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:36 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:01 pm

The past is the key to te future.
See past sea level rise..attched.
030841D6-53A4-41BE-A7FF-DC2D82F116B2.png

twopass

Post by twopass » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:14 pm

twopass

Post by twopass » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 pm

“Unless the world acts to stop extinctions, I will write my last nature essay on a planet that is less than half as song-graced and life-drenched as the one where I began to write,” she explains in the book’s preface. “My grandchildren will tear out half the pages in their field guides. They won’t need them.”
https://therevelator.org/earths-music-moore/

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2B00TU

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... /5737/text