Nuclear Winter

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Nuclear Winter

Post by Stephen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:57 pm

I’m in Portland Oregon, and it’s been sort of depressing here that last several days. Smoke from all the West Coast fires has completely obliterated the sun for the entire day. Smoke stretches from thousands of miles out into the Pacific to all the way to Arizona. It feels like a nuclear winter. I have never seen anything like this.
No wind, no birds, no people out, little traffic. The world feels dead. It’s unreal.
Even worse for those who have had to evacuate, or lost loved ones, homes, even entire towns. Sorry to inject negativity, but just yuck.

francisbaud

Re: Nuclear Winter

Post by francisbaud » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm

It must be depressing to not get that much light from the sun, with all the particles in the sky.

twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Post by twopass » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Biden Will Have The Most Diverse, Intersectional Cabinet Of Mass Murderers Ever Assembled

https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p ... st-diverse
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Sounds like a MAGgott trumpeter whining... man up, accept the democratic process. Lock up traitor trump.

twopass
Favorite Skis: Tatra Gopher High 12's
Favorite boots: Red Wing

Post by twopass » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:09 pm

Dear President-Elect Biden,

I’m so happy that you were elected because in January you can start to address major problems in America. But before you deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, racism, immigration, gun violence, and climate change, all of which are very important, I recommend that first you take immediate steps to lower the danger of nuclear war. You will be Commander in Chief, and there are several first steps you can take immediately to make the world safer......
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/10/21 ... clear-war/
"I really have had enough of illogical detraction by association as a way of avoiding logical argument by an absurd extension of ad hominem argument to third parties."