Ski Review: 2018-2019 Fischer Traverse 78

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Snebor

Re: Ski Review: 2018-2019 Fischer Traverse 78

Post by Snebor » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 am

AlaskaNordic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:07 am
I literally just took mine out for their inaugural run yesterday, I had been skiing on Rossigonol BC 90's. This year I wanted to become a real skier and have quiver, so I bought these for touring. HUGE difference, the glide so much better and the scales are light years better, I could tour all day in these no problem mile after mile. I am just shocked at how much better the kick zone is. My Rossis were 179, these are 189 so I was leary of a longer ski to my surprise these moved great through the treess and tight spots as good if not better. Never owned a pair of Fischers before but i have to say I am a fan now. I have a pair of Rottafella 3 pins mounted on them and will be using the Alico Ski March when they arrive, for now I have my Alco doubles and still a surperior ski.
Thinking whether choose 179 or 189. Could you tell your weight/height?

Snebor

Post by Snebor » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 am

AlaskaNordic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:07 am
I literally just took mine out for their inaugural run yesterday, I had been skiing on Rossigonol BC 90's. This year I wanted to become a real skier and have quiver, so I bought these for touring. HUGE difference, the glide so much better and the scales are light years better, I could tour all day in these no problem mile after mile. I am just shocked at how much better the kick zone is. My Rossis were 179, these are 189 so I was leary of a longer ski to my surprise these moved great through the treess and tight spots as good if not better. Never owned a pair of Fischers before but i have to say I am a fan now. I have a pair of Rottafella 3 pins mounted on them and will be using the Alico Ski March when they arrive, for now I have my Alco doubles and still a surperior ski.
thinking about whether to choose 179 or 189
Could you please tell your weight (with ski cloths on or body weight)/height?

AlaskaNordic
Ski style: Style what style?
Favorite Skis: Madshus Annums
Favorite boots: Alico Double

Post by AlaskaNordic » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 pm

I looked on the chart and near as I could tell the 189s were the right size, I weigh just under 200 any where from 185-195 depending on season.

AlaskaNordic
Ski style: Style what style?
Favorite Skis: Madshus Annums
Favorite boots: Alico Double

Post by AlaskaNordic » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm

Sorry Height, about 5 foot 8 .

lilcliffy
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon; Madshus Annum; Asnes Comabt Nato
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance BC; Alpina Alaska BC; Crispi Svartisen BC; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

@Snebor
What kind of skiing are you looking to do with the 78- and what is the terrain like?
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

lilcliffy
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon; Madshus Annum; Asnes Comabt Nato
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance BC; Alpina Alaska BC; Crispi Svartisen BC; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:45 am

Full-on spring skiing here in the Central Hills and loving the Traverse 78 (when I can wrestle it from my wife's grip!)!

FYI- the Traverse 78 iscurrently Gamme the Elder's top pick for a waxless-scaled Fjellski- beating out the former test-winner the E99 Crown Xtralite: https://www.utemagasinet.no/fjellski/te ... rie-turski
https://www.utemagasinet.no/fjellski/te ... crown-skin
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.