Åsnes NOSI 76 Ski Review

Real reviews by real skiers. What a concept! Add your own today. Reviews only please, questions can be posted as replies but new threads looking for opinions should be posted to the main Telemark Talk Forum.
Bri7

Re: Åsnes NOSI 76 Ski Review

Post by Bri7 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:21 pm

This is the perfect combination. Nosi with xplore and alfa free.

You don’t need meidjo unless you plan to use this ski on groomed trails.
D2B313C7-9B39-4E0F-A436-058F405FD9EE.jpeg

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Asnes Falkentind 62 (172), Asnes Gamme54 (190)
Favorite boots: Alaska Alpina XP
Alfa Free

Post by JohnSKepler » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:04 pm

Bri7 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:21 pm

By "groomed trail" do you mean a groomed XC trail or more generally, on piste? I'm moving away from heavy skis in a last ditch attempt to save my knees. I just sold my Volkl M5 Mantra. Man, were those some HEAVY skis. Trying to turn all that weight with no ACLs just didn't feel safe. But I do like lift served skiing a few times a year and my Falkentind 62 is probably too light to push very hard. Wondering how this N76 would do used at lift-served areas from time to time with perhaps a Meidjo or Outlaw. I really like the Meidjo design release mechanism. My "engineering judgement" tells me they are the safest of the tele bindings but I don't have any data to back that up.

Still leaves me needing yet another boot! I'm blowing too much money on ski gear this year but my other options, putting it in the stock market or putting it in savings, both seem like less-fun ways to throw it away.
Veni, Vidi, Viski

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:45 pm

JohnSKepler wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:04 pm
Bri7 wrote:

By "groomed trail" do you mean a groomed XC trail or more generally, on piste? I'm moving away from heavy skis in a last ditch attempt to save my knees. I just sold my Volkl M5 Mantra. Man, were those some HEAVY skis. Trying to turn all that weight with no ACLs just didn't feel safe. But I do like lift served skiing a few times a year and my Falkentind 62 is probably too light to push very hard. Wondering how this N76 would do used at lift-served areas from time to time with perhaps a Meidjo or Outlaw. I really like the Meidjo design release mechanism. My "engineering judgement" tells me they are the safest of the tele bindings but I don't have any data to back that up.

Still leaves me needing yet another boot! I'm blowing too much money on ski gear this year but my other options, putting it in the stock market or putting it in savings, both seem like less-fun ways to throw it away.
The Xplore boot will be softer than a plastic boot though, and bend more when you crash, preventing big leverage on vulnerable joints.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Bri7 wrote:

Hell yeah! NOW we are talking!

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:21 pm

The thing that has kept me away from the Nosi is it’s short available length. I just can’t see 180 cm on a long approach. Short approaches (I don’t know that to be true) and the Nosi might just be the shiznit!

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Not quite apples to apples, but that setup seems similar to the Voile Objective I have skied with NNN BC (and plan to redo with Xplore and Alfa Free).

The little bit I skied Objective / NNN BC / Alfa Guards was good fun and I’ll be interested to see how the Xplore setup compares.

Nosi: 108 / 76 / 98
Objective: 117 / 84 / 102

DropKneeDiehard
Ski style: Rythmn and Flow
Favorite Skis: Atomic Telemark, Tua Cirques, Voile Ultra Vectors, All Asnes
Favorite boots: Asolo doubles, Asolo E Pro, T3s Root Beer, Scarpa TX

Post by DropKneeDiehard » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:06 am

I had an unmounted pair of 172 Nosi's I picked up from an end of clearance sale. Would have preferred 180s.

I had Meidjo's still in the box and placed them on the skis to see how they looked?

There was overhang....so ended up mounting with 3 pin mountaineers on a Voile riser plate which as everyone suggested gives me more versatility of boots.

Meidjo's went on my Voile Ultra Vectors.

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Asnes Falkentind 62 (172), Asnes Gamme54 (190)
Favorite boots: Alaska Alpina XP
Alfa Free

Post by JohnSKepler » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:39 pm

DropKneeDiehard wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:06 am
I had an unmounted pair of 172 Nosi's I picked up from an end of clearance sale. Would have preferred 180s.

I had Meidjo's still in the box and placed them on the skis to see how they looked?

There was overhang....so ended up mounting with 3 pin mountaineers on a Voile riser plate which as everyone suggested gives me more versatility of boots.

While I won't say I did an exhaustive search, I did do a search and didn't find any spec on the width of the Meidjo binding. Can you tell me how wide these bindings are? Thanks!
Veni, Vidi, Viski

DropKneeDiehard
Ski style: Rythmn and Flow
Favorite Skis: Atomic Telemark, Tua Cirques, Voile Ultra Vectors, All Asnes
Favorite boots: Asolo doubles, Asolo E Pro, T3s Root Beer, Scarpa TX

Post by DropKneeDiehard » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:32 pm

JohnSKepler wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:39 pm
DropKneeDiehard wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:06 am

While I won't say I did an exhaustive search, I did do a search and didn't find any spec on the width of the Meidjo binding. Can you tell me how wide these bindings are? Thanks!
The front Pincers are 87, ml, the back of the duck butt is 76ml and the front screws base plate is 70 ml

bororo23
Ski style: XC D Tele Weakly on a Daily Basis
Favorite Skis: Asnes Storetind Nato, Fjøro 92
Favorite boots: Alfa Free

Post by bororo23 » Sun May 21, 2023 3:28 am

The last season I skied limited edition Asnes Storetind Nato x Xplore x Alfa Free.
Was not overly impressed on the fishscale performance so was using XSkins most of the time.
Also, the scale base was rather slow / unpredictable downhill in varied snow conditions.
Ski length is 180 cm.

I am now considering buying the Nosi 76. I am somehow confused by the recommended length:

“Choosing these skis, it’s best to go for lengths 5–10cm shorter than your height.”
Offer is:
164cm 172cm 180cm

I used to do big mountain freeride, fat pow skis, 186+ cm.
I am rather new to telemark. I am 176cm/77kg.

Please recomend Nosi ski length.