Mountain Equipment ‘Mission’ softshell jacket *PRICE DROP*

Want to sell some telemark and backcountry ski gear? Looking to buy or to trade? For years now this has been the best place on the web for telemark and backcountry skiers looking to buy or sell previously owned gear. Private party, used gear posts only, please.
corlay
Ski style: Woodland XC-BC tours
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme 54, Fischer Transnordic 66, Fischer Traverse 78; Madshus Birke Beiner, Peltonen METSA
Favorite boots: Crispi Norland Hook BC, Fischer BC Grand Tour

Mountain Equipment ‘Mission’ softshell jacket *PRICE DROP*

Post by corlay » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:08 am

Hello.

Im selling a new, without tags, Mountain Equipment ‘Mission’ model softshell jacket, size Large.

Its a really fine piece of kit. A bit heavier double-layer softshell for winter use. It is not lined with any brushed/fleece in the inside. Breathable fabric, no gortex membrane. Water resistant, and highly breathable. Very nice and sturdy zips (including “pit zips”), sleeves are not overly long, and hood is not super oversized (OK for a helmet). Nice and attractive two-tone color-scheme of light steel blue grey and navy blue.

Ive worn it a few times to walk the dog, only. No dirt, stains, tears, or other flaws of any kind.

Here is the link to the manufacturer’s web page:
https://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/co ... ion-jacket

I purchased this from an European vendor about a month ago. It fits me (5’10” / 195lbs) trim/snug if I only layer a Smartwool and a 200-weight (max) fleece underneath, but I wanted a little more room to layer a light synthetic down vest underneath for cold days. Not quite enough room for that, for me. So I ordered another in XL size, and want to sell this to someone who can use it. I think this will either suit someone about my size that likes a very trim fit, or someone 5’-8” to 6-0” who weighs in the 180lb range (or less).

$120 $100 (USD) shipping included to the USA or Canada. Paypal payment, please.

tkarhu
Ski style: XCD | Nordic ice skating | XC | BC-XC
Favorite Skis: Gamme | Falketind Xplore | Atomic RC-10
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard | boots that fit

Re: Mountain Equipment ‘Mission’ softshell jacket *PRICE DROP*

Post by tkarhu » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:30 pm

FYI This is a great jacket. I have two, in sizes L and XL. L is good with 180 cm and 80-90 kg, and XL too.

In XL size, I could layer a light down jacket under the Mission jacket. A helmet fits better with XL, too. I thought maybe I could even layer one Mission jacket under down jacket and another on top of it :D Wearing the smaller also while skiing, and the other to protect from wind with down layer.