I finally understand! (St-Donat Qc.)

Get psyched before your own next trip... fire your imagination and expand your horizons while discovering new telemark and backcountry skiing destinations from around the world. Our Trip Report Archive is packed with inspiring and informative words, photos and video, it’s a wonderful resource made possible by the contributions of thousands of enthusiastic members of our community. Come on in and get your stoke on…
Mtlsam
Ski style: Trail touring
Favorite Skis: Fischer E99

I finally understand! (St-Donat Qc.)

Post by Mtlsam » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:32 pm

I went out today for my second outing of the season. Using the E-99's I bought last year. I didn't get the wax right today, so there was a lot of plodding, but boy could I walk up those hills! Along my planned path I saw a logging road that had not beet touched this winter. Decided to venture up.
It was about 6-7" of fresh powder on top of an icy base and the angle was sufficiently step that I could overcome my bad wax selection. I finally understand what all the fuss about turning is about. I'm sure I looked sketchy and was going very slow, but my snowploughish/ semi parallel turns felt amazing! I went up for a second go. So now I think I know why you folks are all on the endless search of turns in fresh snow. Hopefully more of this to come!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: I finally understand! (St-Donat Qc.)

Post by lowangle al » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am

The better you get the more fun it is. Imagine how fun it's gonna be in about 25 years, stick with it.

Mtlsam
Ski style: Trail touring
Favorite Skis: Fischer E99

Re: I finally understand! (St-Donat Qc.)

Post by Mtlsam » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:05 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am
The better you get the more fun it is. Imagine how fun it's gonna be in about 25 years, stick with it.
I could be like fully mediocre in that time frame! Wooo!