Voile V6 compared to Vagabond - Mount Advice?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Voile V6 compared to Vagabond - Mount Advice?

Post by lowangle al » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:25 pm

Voiles recommended mounting point always looked too far forward to me but I think it is spot on. It weights the skis evenly and I think helps in staying centered, and I don't get any tip dive.

raisin'heel

Post by raisin'heel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm

Trust your instincts! No doubt the bindings are (typically!) too far back on the Vagabond. I don't get what is wrong with many manufacturer's binding placement recommendations. Be centered and balanced for best ski performance!!

raisin'heel

Post by raisin'heel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:41 pm

Further I'll say I am not a particularly aggressive skier, but do have decades of skiing many days per season and a fairly wide variety of terrain from tight trees to moderate alpine gullies... my Voile' Vector BC's are mounted somewhat ahead of Voile's recommendation, ski the best for me. My Vector "waxable" of same exact profile I toned it back maybe 5/8". I may have to remount forward where I belong!! Just don't quite cut it!!

raisin'heel

Post by raisin'heel » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 am

Not sure how to get a photo posted to hopefully show my bc quiver.....
20211203_144221.jpg
20210416_151646.jpg

sannis

Post by sannis » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:01 am

BCSkier! wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:34 pm
I will assume my comment will be approved.. so here is an accompanying photo of "center" mounted (or nearly, as in some were earlier and not fully committed)

Could You tell me What is brand and model of bindings on Rossi BC125 - second from right?