Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:39 pm

Just skiing around with little in the way of verts....Mostly CC with the intention of ripping out whips......Scored a few turns and many tele position for cruising but mostly just enjoying the forest up in the Highlands of the North East Kingdom of Vermont...Wicked nice! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:49 am

Got up to the Highlands and almost no snow....like twenty inches wide and three feet long patches up against ledges....Turned around and LOST to Snowshoe Donny in Horseshoes....Unless there is some new snow or we head to a ski area this will close this year's report from the Kingdom.....Hope you all had a decent season and got tons of Tele turns....Will hope to head to Stowe on a warm sunny wonderful corn day....Thanks for reading...TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:12 am

Looking forward to stowe snow or mt washington day trip in mid may- if you are up for that

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:38 am

Either or!.....Looking forward to some decent warm temps....Shorts and a ski....Bout an inch of snow last night......Tough decision....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Less than an inch, wasn't all that good....but....great being in the awakening forest high up in the Highlands....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon May 02, 2022 7:06 am

great day, lots of sun and tons of snow at Stowe.....many people hiking skiing and enjoying.....as did we...Telewood, Telekid, and I....They skied up to the top and I skied up about half way and the ski down was not as good as I hoped.....grabby snow and some corn spots for turning....Where it was corn it was good....Needed the skinnier 99's as the 109's were not as good slicing through the grabby stuff....Tried to get Telekid to let me try his 190 new 99's next time and got shot down....Bummer.....Will take the 205's as the corn should be total....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat May 14, 2022 6:40 am

Going to be HOT today....Will find a patch of snow at Stowe and do the tele dance....Bunch of Boys heading over....Should be good...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun May 15, 2022 9:53 am

Headed over to Stowe and ended up on National.....Man the boys hammered some less than good corn....Rooster tails, big spray, great saves, speed, tight turns and gigantic grins.....I grinned by watching did a couple of traverses and skied down on the grass, leaves and lichen.....(easier than the "corn" they were skiing.....last ski of the year and as the oldie of the group want to say thanks to the boys for so much fun and encouragement....Telekid, Rastatele, Teleking, Telerock, thanks....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:44 am

Getting cooler......40's.....at night.....Waiting!.......Telekid is looking to score some leathers....Good luck on that,,,,,TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:27 am

I have a pair of Ski March boots. They are a UK size 9, which is a US size 10.
They are heavy, not for skinnies, but a good leather for skis that are a little fatter