Help Me Learn How to Turn...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Petetheswede
Ski style: Touring with turns
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Ingstad
Favorite boots: Lundhags Guide BC

Re: Help Me Learn How to Turn...

Post by Petetheswede » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:06 pm

I feel that skiing down really gentle slopes is a nice way to learn. Steep enough to give you speed but mellow enough that you actually dont have to turn. That way you can just feel the snow and the edges of the skis without associated terror. Stop when you feel like. Do small turns when you feel like. Kick and glide for a bit if the speed dies. Turn when you dont have to! Also, in some snow you can turn really good. I could tele turn early in 10cm powder over dense base whereas crusty snow is much more difficult (thats where a ridicilously flat slope comes handy...

And finally i would like to state as the advocate of the less than bold; small half turns that actually dont do much to decrease speed om pathetic slopes can be a means in itself because its very nice!

Krummholz
Ski style: Ski trails uphill, Bcuz every trail here is uphill
Favorite Skis: Fischer SB-98, Rossi Alpineer 86, Fischer Europa 99, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. TN 75 for DH
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4350&hilit=Transnordic&start=40#p49595

Post by Krummholz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

YT feed me this randomly. I only wish I could understand what the heck he is saying.

Free Heeler - As in Free Spirit and Free Beer. No $700 pass! No plastic boots! And No Fkn Merlot!

Krummholz
Ski style: Ski trails uphill, Bcuz every trail here is uphill
Favorite Skis: Fischer SB-98, Rossi Alpineer 86, Fischer Europa 99, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. TN 75 for DH
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4350&hilit=Transnordic&start=40#p49595

Post by Krummholz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:36 pm

I think this is part 2

I tried watching these videos and using Google Translation, Norwegian to English, from an IPad to my phone. Pretty hilarious.

Free Heeler - As in Free Spirit and Free Beer. No $700 pass! No plastic boots! And No Fkn Merlot!