XC Ski For Women

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Re: XC Ski For Women

Post by mca80 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm

By the way, none of this has anything to do with xc for women so you ruined another thread. Nice work. Maybe you should start your own waxing thread if really interested eh?

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm

mca80 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:32 pm
Manney wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:16 pm
If you don’t accept one size fits all, as it appears you don’t, how can you accept the notion of using one “thing” for all your glide wax needs?
I don't. So you're either retarded and don't know how to read, or just an asshole trying to frame things your way despite documented evidence to the contrary. Either way not worth my time.
Well nothing in my responses to you have included the words “asshole” or “retarded”. Yet you accuse me of making things personal.

My sense is that you feel frustrated because you’re trying to reconcile previously held views with what you now fear may be incorrect. That’s not on me. It’s not Swix’s fault either.
Go Ski

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:39 pm

mca80 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm
By the way, none of this has anything to do with xc for women so you ruined another thread. Nice work. Maybe you should start your own waxing thread if really interested eh?
Actually, it does. The OP talked about his wife’s strong desire for a ski with glide. Glide is also a function of waxing, in case you missed it.
Go Ski

mca80

Post by mca80 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:43 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm
mca80 wrote:
Manney wrote:
If you don’t accept one size fits all, as it appears you don’t, how can you accept the notion of using one “thing” for all your glide wax needs?
I don't. So you're either retarded and don't know how to read, or just an asshole trying to frame things your way despite documented evidence to the contrary. Either way not worth my time.
Well nothing in my responses to you have included the words “asshole” or “retarded”. Yet you accuse me of making things personal.

My sense is that you feel frustrated because you’re trying to reconcile previously held views with what you now fear may be incorrect. That’s not on me. It’s not Swix’s fault either.
Actually, I never acused you of that. If you can paste a quote I will reconsider. Right now all we have is this:

"This is an attempt to turn this into a personal discussion, which it isn’t. Not biting."

Gaslighting from a schmuck in a corner, trying to MAKE IT PERSONAL.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:57 pm

This is what you said:
mca80 wrote:
I don't. So you're either retarded and don't know how to read, or just an asshole trying to frame things your way despite documented evidence to the contrary.
You’re asking me to either self nominate as a retard (personal insult), illiterate (personal insult), or an asshole (personal insult). This is an example of an impossible choice.

A more mature, less personal, response would have asked for a specific explanation for something posted.

In an earlier post, you tried to elicit a personal attack.
mca80 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:52 pm
… are you saying I am dumb for refusing covid vaccines because Pfizer et al are all-knowing about their product, its effects, and the disease it is supppsed to... well I don't know what it's supposed to do anymore, they keep changing the narrative.
That didn’t work either.
Manney wrote:
This is an attempt to turn this into a personal discussion, which it isn’t. Not biting.
You’re frustrated @mca80. Take a deep breath and review your position on glide wax. Don’t need to share that… nobody should care about “winning”. Only learning, which is a personal journey. That’s why we’re all here, right?
Go Ski

mca80

Post by mca80 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Manney wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:57 pm
This is what you said:
mca80 wrote:
I don't. So you're either retarded and don't know how to read, or just an asshole trying to frame things your way despite documented evidence to the contrary.
You’re asking me to either self nominate as a retard (personal insult), illiterate (personal insult), or an asshole (personal insult). This is an example of an impossible choice.

A more mature, less personal, response would have asked for a specific explanation for something posted.
Yes. I said that in response to yoy saying I said something I did not. So you are either disingeneous or retarted. Your choice.

mca80

Post by mca80 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:09 pm

Whole page of nonsensical personal disputes. Give it a rest, manney. I say again,this time for real, until you can read what I wrote and provide a response that betrays comprehension you arent worth responding to. And the bait is done now. You make good points but also avoid any actual interaction despite your assertions otherwise.

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:21 pm

If by interaction, you mean mud slinging… you’re 100% correct. None of this has been a personal dispute. From my perspective, it’s been about wax.

But now you face a dilemma, which is one explanation for your frustration (giving you the benefit of the doubt that you haven’t let this become personal).

1. Have you been doing things wrong all along? Doesn’t matter. With new knowledge, comes new challenges… and opportunities. This is why the implications of new knowledge are always complicated. Such is life.

2. Have you contaminated your bases with grip wax? Good question… but since you don’t believe me on the wax issue, anything offered by me on how to resolve things one way or another would be wasted effort. It would just be another rabbit hole. You don’t get to give me the choice between asshole, retard or illiterate and receive helpful advice in return. Your skis, your mess. Sort it.

3. What does this mean going forward? Only you know the answer to this question. It very much depends on which path you take… that which is based on manufacturer recommendations or random people. Because my posts are not my view… they’re Swix’s view. The company that knows more about this stuff than anyone on the forum. Anyone.
Last edited by Manney on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Ski

wabene
Ski style: Stiff kneed and wide eyed.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Fischer SB98, Mashus M50, M78, Pano M62
Favorite boots: Crispi Svartsen 75mm, Scarpa T4

Post by wabene » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:32 pm

The ignore function only goes so far. You are still left with half of another ridiculous, forum wrecking thread. SMH

Manney

Post by Manney » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:35 pm

wabene wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:32 pm
The ignore function only goes so far. You are still left with half of another ridiculous, forum wrecking thread. SMH
Then you’ve learned nothing.

Still a great opportunity for you to add a personal view which doesn’t contribute to the knowledge base tho…
Go Ski