What Happened???

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Lhartley

Re: What Happened???

Post by Lhartley » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:30 pm

OK. Watched the video. Nothing really new that isn't beaten to death on Twitter daily. BUT, it's relevant because helmet shamers are 9 times out of ten also "progressives". Im buying a resort pass this year. Ill wear a lid just avoid people, not a head injury. So anyways, back to my gulag

mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Post by mca80 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:35 pm

Not sure where your chart is from, @Stephen, but it omits self-inflicted sexual abuse, which defnitely exists in the world of kink, cf. von Sacher-Masoch, Foucault, etc.

That said, none of this really seems to belong on this forum and most certainly not anywhere but the off topic board.

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:31 am

Stephen wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:45 pm

What I find fascinating is the question: What is the outer edge of our infinitely large universe expanding into?
sorry for going off the rails on this thread... maybe we should move to the off topic forum.. i'de like to hear your thoughts on the universe and how far have you guys traveled this within this planet?

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:33 am

mca80 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:35 pm
Not sure where your chart is from, @Stephen, but it omits self-inflicted sexual abuse, which defnitely exists in the world of kink, cf. von Sacher-Masoch, Foucault, etc.
wtf lol...? :?:

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178)
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:51 am

Helmet-shaming seems sort of adolescent.
I don’t care if someone does or doesn’t wear a helmet.

I can remember at least one time catching an edge and pitching headfirst down the hill onto hard snow.
My head hit pretty hard.
I probably would have been fine without a helmet, but my head hit hard enough that I was glad the helmet was there to dissipate the force of the impact.
I don’t like having anything on my head, never wear a hat, but hardly notice the helmet.

Helmets offer protection from low probability / high consequence events.
I just don’t see a good reason to not wear one at the resort.
If nothing else, it’s the out-of-control skiers from behind that worry me.

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:24 am

Stephen wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:51 am
Helmet-shaming seems sort of adolescent.
I don’t care if someone does or doesn’t wear a helmet.

I can remember at least one time catching an edge and pitching headfirst down the hill onto hard snow.
My head hit pretty hard.
I probably would have been fine without a helmet, but my head hit hard enough that I was glad the helmet was there to dissipate the force of the impact.
I don’t like having anything on my head, never wear a hat, but hardly notice the helmet.

Helmets offer protection from low probability / high consequence events.
I just don’t see a good reason to not wear one at the resort.
If nothing else, it’s the out-of-control skiers from behind that worry me.
clearly the insurance provider of the resort doesnt see it as low probability. and park skiers never know what injuries happened that day to others.

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Voile Objective BC, Rossignol BC 80
Favorite boots: Scarpa F1 Bellows, Alpina Alaska XP

Post by JohnSKepler » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:21 pm

Stephen wrote:
Not criticizing your curiosity, but at the risk of over-simplification, I imagine the “Soul of Russia,” as a country of ordinary people, is most interested in the things that most ordinary people are interested in: food, security, stability, freedom from oppression — those sort of things.
As for the “Soul of Russia” as a political entity, probably similar to most tribes when in proximity to other cultures that may seem threatening: defense of the social organism.
As the world becomes more and more populated, and social units are pressed together more closely, and competition for resources intensifies, and technology advances as it has — the world ends up where we are in these times.

Seems like it takes something extraordinary to choose to live in peace, rather than revert to some form of violence.
IMG_3883.jpeg

What I find fascinating is the question: What is the outer edge of our infinitely large universe expanding into?
Cheese. You've seen Swiss cheese, right?
SwissCheese.png
Pretty much explains everything.
Veni, Vidi, Viski

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178)
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:46 pm

@JohnSKepler, You had me worried — for a second I thought that was my brain!
Thank you for an explaination of the universe I can understand.
:lol:

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:16 am

JohnSKepler wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:21 pm
Stephen wrote:
Not criticizing your curiosity, but at the risk of over-simplification, I imagine the “Soul of Russia,” as a country of ordinary people, is most interested in the things that most ordinary people are interested in: food, security, stability, freedom from oppression — those sort of things.
As for the “Soul of Russia” as a political entity, probably similar to most tribes when in proximity to other cultures that may seem threatening: defense of the social organism.
As the world becomes more and more populated, and social units are pressed together more closely, and competition for resources intensifies, and technology advances as it has — the world ends up where we are in these times.

Seems like it takes something extraordinary to choose to live in peace, rather than revert to some form of violence.
IMG_3883.jpeg

Cheese. You've seen Swiss cheese, right?

SwissCheese.png

Pretty much explains everything.
your a flat earther in the making buddy, that ain't no insult either

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Es bleiben im Raum: Keitel, Jodl, Krebs und Burgdorf.
1) Downfall is a great movie.
2) This thread should not be here.
3) out of the major Swiss cheeses only Emmental has holes like that