Fischer Factory in jeopardy

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: Fischer Factory in jeopardy

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:28 am

Musk Ox wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:59 am
mca80 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 pm
.You do realize the USA has done far worse to numerous places in the world the past 40 years, right?
Judge: Mr Musk Ox, how do you plead?
Me: Not guilty, Your Honour.
Judge: You are on video breaking in, poisoning the goldfish, eating the dog, shitting in the sink and setting fire to the curtains, singing "My name is Musk Ox and I am burning down this fucking house."
Me: That is true, but there's this guy in Scotland who threw a bag of puppies into the canal, and whatabout whatabout whatabout him.

I will never understand this line of argument because, like most others with rudimentary decency, I'm capable of condemning certain things the United States or whoever has done WHILE ALSO taking a zero-tolerance line to the deliberate bombing of civilians, the shooting down of passenger aircraft, the use of chemical weapons, the poisoning, shooting, kidnapping, and throwing-out-of-windows of opposition leaders, journalists and corrupt billionaire 'former business partners' in London, causing division in other countries, criminalising homosexuality and unprovoked invasions of neighbouring sovereign states while building a palce on the Black Sea paid for with money stolen from the hard work of the Russian people.

Vladimir Putin is a murderous fascist and this isn't a matter of politics. I don't understand how anyone decent could expend a moment writing words to defend him on a public forum about telemark skiing.
I don't think anyone can defend Putin and his brutality (not to mention war crimes, etc). But the game seems a little more complex than it sounds; we need the historical background to have a hint. For exemple, this conflict find his germes in the Warshaw Pact / Nato power struggle of the cold war era.

Besides, I think MCA doesn't defend Putin — he could tell by himself I guess... What I hear is a *somewhat* a double standard when we think of other invasion in the past, by other countries... Not saying that this one is not horrible (maybe worst than what we have seen since WWII).

Oh, BTW, Conny and Rando, when they say that Chomsky is expired, it tells more about themselves than about the object of their «thought».
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:38 am

connyro wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:05 am
Rodbelan wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 am
Here is some historical details/explanation of the origin of the conflict by a famous soviet bot american intellectual citizen: Naom Chomsky...

Would you prefer this type of leadership from the usa?: https://crooksandliars.com/2022/03/varn ... al-say-how
What should I understand? Not sure of the rationale behind you bringing this as a reference...

bark-eater

Post by bark-eater » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:20 am

I haven't paid attention to Chomsky for 25 years, but this little refresher was interesting, as a lot of the "in-depth" analysis I've seen recently seems to regurgitate most of his talking points. It makes me wonder if Putin has read Chomsky and folds Chomsky's narrative of inventible consequence into his mandate for manifest destiny. My own perspective with apologies' to Utah Philips, is that WWIII has started, and rearranging the deck chairs for on the Titanic will not change the direction of this cycle of "inevitable consequence". Innocents are being slaughtered. That's got to stop. Hopefully there will be a time for philosophy and plausible deniability at the postmortem.

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:01 am

bark-eater wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:20 am
Innocents are being slaughtered. That's got to stop. Hopefully there will be a time for philosophy and plausible deniability at the postmortem.
You are right... Hopefully. But, even in a catastrophe like this, we have to philosophize already to shed some light in order to better understand and bring solutions... not just afterwards...

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:06 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:38 am
connyro wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:05 am
Rodbelan wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:33 am
Here is some historical details/explanation of the origin of the conflict by a famous soviet bot american intellectual citizen: Naom Chomsky...

Would you prefer this type of leadership from the usa?: https://crooksandliars.com/2022/03/varn ... al-say-how
[/quote

What should I understand? Not sure of the rationale behind you bringing this as a reference...
Your tenor sounds like you were defending this mca character and I was attempting to contrast your position with an alternative. No harm intended if I misunderstood your intentions.
Last edited by connyro on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:18 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:28 am
Oh, BTW, Conny and Rando, when they say that Chomsky is expired, it tells more about themselves than about the object of their «thought».
You state this opinion like it's a hard fact. It is more likely that someone's radical ideas (which I agreed with at the time) from the past simply don't hold up as times change and situations evolve and knowledge is gained. The world is not static and our observations and opinions should not be either.

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am

connyro wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:18 am
Rodbelan wrote:
You state this opinion like it's a hard fact. It is more likely that someone's radical ideas (which I agreed with at the time) from the past simply don't hold up as times change and situations evolve and knowledge is gained. The world is not static and our observations and opinions should not be either.
Ok. But I am not putting everything Chomsky is saying in the same bag... I was just trying to bring some historical facts about the Nato / Warshaw pact struggle in that particular vid (which still resonates today in that conflict; we tend to forget...). Again, not being an advocate for Putin's war...

connyro

Post by connyro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:25 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Besides, I think MCA doesn't defend Putin — he could tell by himself I guess...
I reread the post in question and he clearly defends putin. His entire argument is a defense of putin. I am of the school of thought that the current system serves to make rich white dudes even richer. Just follow the money. Corrupt corporations and governments working in tandem to screw every last dollar out of people is a deep and serious issue but it does not justify defending a fascist prick who's currently murdering Ukrainians and destroying their country.

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am

connyro wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:25 am
Rodbelan wrote:
I reread the post in question and he clearly defends putin. His entire argument is a defense of putin. I am of the school of thought that the current system serves to make rich white dudes even richer. Just follow the money. Corrupt corporations and governments working in tandem to screw every last dollar out of people is a deep and serious issue but it does not justify defending a fascist prick who's currently murdering Ukrainians and destroying their country.
Ok again... It didn't seem so to me but I won't reread... Can't argue with your end énoncé, for sure.

mca80
Ski style: Over the river and through the woods
Favorite Skis: Nansen, Finnmark, Kongsvold, Combat NATO, Fischer Superlite, RCS
Favorite boots: Crispi Bre, Hook, Alpina 1600, Alico Ski March, Crispi Mountain

Post by mca80 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:33 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am
connyro wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:25 am
Rodbelan wrote:
Ok again... It didn't seem so to me but I won't reread... Can't argue with your end énoncé, for sure.
Can't argue with self-righteous shitheads who don't know how to read, think, or listen.