Free entry into Russia for Westerners

This is the place to debate politics, global warming, and yes, even the origin of man, whatever. Simply put, if you want to argue about off topic stuff, you've found the right board. Have fun!
blitzskier

Re: Free entry into Russia for Westerners

Post by blitzskier » Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:37 pm

breaking down Japan's fake nuke attacks

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:47 pm

CwmRaider wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:51 am
Maybe we are all in the matrix and nothing is real, at this rate.
At some point you have to get a grasp on facts. We cannot have a completely covering Cartesian approach and verify everything in history for ourselves, there may well be 8 billion different opinions on the details.
My understanding of Fukushima is that the explosions were caused by hydrogen, not by runaway fission reactions. So technically it wasn't a nuclear explosion.
Would far rather think of everything as "fake" than hold prejudices against entire countries, as illustrated in this thread. Hold leaders and institutions accountable not people

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:42 pm

Capercaillie
Ski style: trying not to fall too much
Favorite Skis: Alpina 1500T, Kazama Telemark Comp
Favorite boots: Alfa Horizon, Crispi Nordland, Scarpa T4

Post by Capercaillie » Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:31 pm

RandomDude wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:42 pm
Or, read this…
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -features/
I don't know enough about psychology to comment on that article's descriptions of psychology research, other than to say it does sound plausible. However, an article about conspiracy theories that almost straight away jumps to promoting the utterly debunked Russiagate AKA BlueAnon conspiracy theory certainly seems to have some kind of agenda:

"The once scoffed-at notion that Russian nationals meddled in the 2016 presidential election is now supported by a slew of guilty pleas, evidence-based indictments and U.S. intelligence agency conclusions."

Which is of course all lies, starting from the top. Russiagate was not "once scoffed-at." From the start, it was reported as incontrovertible fact by every US corporate and state (PBS) media outlet. It took years of investigative journalism by people like Matt Taibbi to expose it. And I don't know WTF an "evidence-based indictment" is supposed to be. That phrase is some kind of attempt at legal scientism.

Taibbi's 2019 summary of the conspiracy theory is fairly thorough:

https://www.racket.news/p/russiagate-is ... -a-million

Glenn Greenwald did a long retrospective earlier this year:

https://rumble.com/v4azhqc-system-update-show-222.html

blitzskier

Post by blitzskier » Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:51 am

Lhartley wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:29 pm
I don't known what's real and whats not, but there is some crazy shit online about the events that happened during her escape attempt from Mariopul. All of which sounded very insane. And then I read this:

"She believes the children made it to safety. She avoids disclosing details about that day for reasons she said she couldn’t fully explain." Why can't she explain that? Must be an incredible story and valuable to the media. Guess we have to wait for her book

https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-medi ... 40055c6b4b

There's more to her story then how she's portrayed in western media. There's no doubt about it. I mean, I know a lot of people in medicine and absolutely zero of them are chain smokers. Sure she's probably seen some shit but....
this one tells you she's an actress in her interview. while pretending to fight on the front lines. she's gonna fit right into Hollywood

wooley12

Post by wooley12 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:55 pm

My mom's job as a WWII SPARS was recruiting other women to enlist. They showed a video showing two different views of the mess hall. They told the girls that one mess was for overweight SPARS who wanted to lose weight and the other mess served a diet for SPARS who wanted more curves in their figure. Everything old is new again. :lol: